Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"It took more than one man to change my name to Shanghai Lily."

Hey, isn't that Michael Caine in Children of Men?  Sure looks like it.  No, wait...it's yours truly with recent holiday snaps.  Hawaii, I think.  Gaikiki.  Why not?  Taken in the garden of the I Can't Copacabana.  Met this fellow.  Seemed interesting.

Seems we are drinking.  A double X cat he was.  My brew is triple X, but it usually comes in film stock, not alcool.  No matter.  I was drinking Smiths and an olive.  Hold the meat.  A Johnny Marr-tini.  I'm not sure.  It's kind of a blur now.  A Raymond Blurr.  That's the Ironic Side of it.  I think he was an apparent Mason.  Never got his name.  At first I thought he was the actor from Eyes Wide Shut, you know...the one who pimped his daughter, Leelee Polish Vodka.  Then I thought he might be that Italian actor who played Sylvia Kristal's husband in those Emmanuelle movies.

Not sure.  Still a little hungover (isn't that a Korean jeep?).  Anyway, an interesting man.  Not the MOST INTERESTING man I ever met, but up there.

Which leads me to the belief that I find women more interesting than men.

Not trying to boast here, but I think I made more enemies among my male friends, simply because I was in the company of women rather than hanging with the boys.  Sorry.  That's just how it was.  I've met many interesting people throughout my life and I wish I could converse with so many of them again...so many questions, thoughts and reflections.  But in my Bliss State, my love of Euphoria...it is always the women I want to be with.

Probably has something to do with a strong willed Mother and an older Sister.  Both quadruple Leos.  Strong willed and the fur flied.  All my family members were Fire Signs.  I was the odd Earth one (with tons of Water...hence, a lot of mud).  Still, I am pretty happy with the placement.  It's that Venus in Scorpio that kept me in the salons des les femmes rather than the sports bars of the grunting alpha males.  Thanks to a cool Dad, the balance was perfect.  A perfect perspective.  I worship at the altar of the Goddess without being afraid of the Spider Woman.  I love the Web.  (Is the Freudian Symbolism too THICK HERE?)  I'm hearing the voice of Roger from American Dad! when I write this.  No, that can't be right.

Sorry, maybe it's still the after effect from the drink and the sun.  I'm not usually out in the day this early.  And I don't start the liquid consumption until it gets dark.  Now that I think of it, the drink could of been a Bert I. Gordon's Gin.  The Amazing Colossal Martini.  Attack of the 50 Foot Wallbanger.  Featuring Bombay Sapphire Blue Screen.  Attack of the Puppet Pina Colada.  Not sure.  Kinda fuzzy.  Navel?  Air Force, actually.

Oh, yeah, the women.  I love writers.  Have had many encounters with some of the most celebrated authors. Ray Bradbury, Robert Bloch, Fritz Leiber, Jr. Jim Harrison.  Yet, I am still intrigued by the conversation I had with Erica Jong or the chance to talk to Isabel Allende.

Must be my lunacy.  Moon in Cancer.  Maternal waters.  The K-Tide man.  Ebb and flow.  Didn't Linus say, "I love humanity, it's just people I can't stand."

Well, I love people, but I prefer women.  Interesting.  Thank you Doctor Freud.  Same time, next week?

By the way, your couch has a lump near the lower left thigh.

(An excerpt from the soon to be released musical based on a psychiatrist's notepad, entitled Our Hearts Were Jung and Gay.)

Technical note: in the photo, the martini glass is real, the liquid is water and the olive & pimento on a toothpick is made completely of glass.

Movie magic.  Tricks of the trade. :)